Working with this portion of the population involves special skills and protocols often overlooked in the general chiropractic practice. In these streaming videos Dr. Martin Rosen, DC, CSCP, CSPP, an SOT® certified instructor, will cover many of the specific adjusting protocols necessary to deal with the hyper-mobility and pelvic balance issues specific to the pregnant patient.
The adjusting protocols taught in this program offer the practitioner a set of skills to deal with the changing neurophysiological and biomechanical presentations in the pregnant patient. You will learn safe and effective methods that can help with even the most challenging cases. Specific issues common to the pregnant patient including: morning sickness, pelvic constraint,VBAC, Carpal tunnel, Premature labor, difficulty in conception, inability to maintain pregnancy and others are also covered.
While some these techniques are based on SOT® adjusting protocols, these videos allow those unfamiliar with SOT® chiropractic procedures, as well as already established SOT® doctors, to work more efficiently with this segment of the population. Standard adjusting protocols as well as specialized and ancillary procedures are covered and demonstrated thoroughly in this DVD and Streaming Video series.
Includes a PDF workbook.
Chiropractic care offers a non-invasive safe way to align the pelvic structures and keep the mother's spine and nervous system at optimum functioning levels throughout the pregnancy. Maintaining proper pelvic balance incorporates several factors:
- Proper relationship between the sacro-iliac joints
- Lumbar and transitional area corrections
- Proper position of the sacral base and apex
- Pubic symphysis alignment
- Balanced tension in the psoas muscles
- Balanced tension in the broad and round ligaments
To correct pelvic constraint or imbalances in the pregnant patient a variety of adjusting protocols and procedures are demonstrated in this streaming video including:
- Pelvic Blocking to balance the sacro-iliac joints
- Lumbar low force adjusting procedures
- Evaluation and correction of an anterior inferior or posterior rotated sacrum
- Psoas muscle evaluation and correction
- Pubic symphysis adjustment
- Round ligament balancing
- Price: $195.00